Skip to main content

What NOW..?

(This is just a run down of the things, or partly, that has been running in my head. I am warning you to stop and not read it since the following are just "Thoughts". But if you do want to read through, please do the same thing. Post a Blog, or tweet, or status up in Facebook, you can even criticize my grammar and stuff [hehe], let me, them, us know how you have felt and thought relating to the things that had happened to our poor, but once glorious Country.)

____________________________________

For the pass few days I have been in and out of the internet, I have seen and read things that would make one think "What now?"

Day after the killer typhoon, I was with in the safe premises of our home thinking "Is that all Yolanda? Was that your best shot?", not realizing that we were not the only ones that got hit. I was even complaining about the things that we did just to protect us from any possible harm prior.

I decided that it was time for me to do some volunteer work since there might be some possible damages around the island of Cebu. TV news were reporting the status of some places, so far so good. People are posting and/or tweeting on how lame the storm was. Well, just in Cebu City that is...

I cannot remember when it all came in, but one thing is for sure we all thought WRONG. The next couple of days after the storm came and news reports are now saying that there was at least 2000 people died in Tacloban alone, few more in North Cebu, and more damages in some other part of the visayas region.

I had my volunteer work done with in the week after the storm left the country. We were going to send out relief goods to some hospitals and a municipality in Northern Cebu. It was the first time I have seen such destruction in properties alone. People were at the streets carrying signage asking for help, food, water, and medicine.Thanks God they are still at their feet, but those are just in Tabogon, Bogo, and Medellin municipality.

I have been in Bogo and Medellin during my collage days and I am fully aware about how people are located within the cities, they live far and away from the city proper. Due to the nature of the local product that they have, which is sugar cane, people are living far appart. Can you imagine such damage to those who are living that far? How can they even survive. Or yet, Can you imagine the people in further north? Or yet what of the people in Samar, Leyte, Mindoro and Palawan.

Long story short, it was Terrible.

I only had one day of volunteer work just for one day. My lil' bro caught some viruses and it's something that needs close attention. So I have to stop volunteering for a while and focus on my brother. During those days, with the power of the internet and TV, I have been around the net. A lot of people posting and writing things related to Help coming in, how its being handled and MISHANDLED. Volunteers posting their contentment to what they have accomplished and their sentiments to some protocols and government stuff. Politics, and politician related issues. There are even post that would suggest that America should adopt the whole visayas. There were a lot of things that made the situation even worst. So many of them that it overcome the good things that are happening in the back ground.

During the day when I was with my colleagues in Red Cross Cebu Chapter, while looking at people on the road side asking for help, while realizing how much damage has been hit the country. I said it was terrible, how are we going to stand up from this, especially to those who were affected the most. Then I said, nah! Were Filipinos, we are used to this. We will stand up, eventually. This is not the first time that we have this kind of distress, we had worst, and now with the technology and advancements that we have right now. It's just a matter of time. Or so I thought...

With the Pork Barrel Scam still in process, with all that has been reported and posted (accurate or just another way to assassinate some one's political figure), with the people loosing faith to the government or to our country her self. "What NOW?"

For me, I must say I'm not the hero type.  And I must say, I do not have enough love for my country and I have loss all hopes for change and prosper for the Pearl of the Orient. Not unless, of coarse, if there is a change in the mind set of the people, specially to those who are suffering poverty and not doing anything about it, for those people in position that are not doing their jobs right, for every one not doing and playing their part. But who am I to say that, I am probably one of those people who I had just mentioned.

I mean, I can't even help my self and all I did, unknowingly, is blame... And why can't I, I bet you also did the same, blame... Blame the government, blame the people, blame the culture, blame the ideology ... Even blame God...

I blame so much I even blame my own Mother for what I have become... I blame so much that I did not even gain any achievement that will help my self. Damn, I blame so much I don't even have a stable job yet. But I think that we should be doing something else than blame, I assure you I have not yet come to a realization how much weight it does to me (that's why as of now I just thought of it), it might needed more for me to realize. I am not cleaning my self or anything, I'm might be worst than you. But one day I have bumped into this:


This link, might not be 100% legit or might not me legit at all. Some one might have made this thing up. But it does contain a message... A few days ago I had my plans... After I have read this, somehow it changed... But, it still needs something for it to fulfill this plan... Change to my self, and change to the people around me...

_________________________________________________________
Post a comment or share my Blog will let me know that you have read my silly little writing. I would highly appreciate it. You can also personally send me a message at the following:

E-Mail: xavescoronel@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'The Stupid Highway'

Hi Guys! So as promised I have here a sample Video of my song "The Stupid Highway". Although its just a link to my Facebook account 'cuz, for some reason I can't upload the video here on my blog. And also I changed the name from 'Stupidity Highway' to "Stupid Highway" 'cuz it sounds better. So here it is the video and some changes in the Lyrics. Enjoy! "The Stupid Highway" Covered by the shadows of regret And still I'm heading that way I recognize all these mistakes But still I'm headed that way Blinded by the Light of yesterday Consuming all Denial along the way Oh no! I'm heading that way Ooh I'm heading that way Smoking out the essence of dismay I'm walking on the same pathway I'm weary from the thoughts of all the pain Still walking on the same pathway Knowing that its all just the same I never learned from my old mistakes 'Cuz Baby, I'm heading your way Hmm... The St

'A Feeling of Uncertainty"

Today, I have decided to move out from my home and just be a man on my own. I've always wanted to do this ever since I graduated from college. But why does it took me almost three years to decide? Simple, because I still cannot stand on my own during those times. Even up until now, I'm not sure if I can solely support my self, financially speaking. I don't even have a place to move in to. But why move out if I cannot still support my self? Simple again, because I had enough. I'm so tired of this prison like status. I want Freedom! Free from the obligation and the responsibility of asking permission every time I go out of the house. Free from the idea that I have to go home early just so mu Mom wont worry. Free from every thing that is holding me back from doing what I Love and what I want. Freedom. In two weeks time. And I hope that is the time. But then, even if we are literally free from those walls, we are still a prisoner of our own. Imprisoned by the

'Contentment is Boring'

For the pass few days I have been busy with things about my job, my inspiration, and my usual problems in life which somehow makes me smile at the world and just sigh with contentment. Although I still have a lot of things to settle with like my debts and necessities, my lost I.D.'s, and my plan of moving out and living on my own. Hmm... Now that I thought about it, I just realize that I might postpone moving out. I must settle things first so that I wont be carrying extra luggage when time comes and just focus on being independent. But what is this? Am I getting a little bit bored with the routine? or maybe I'm just having a hang over from my job this morning. It was kind of a drag though, but we are going to need it so I have to get a grip and slap my self more often so that I wont kept on Chicken sleeping(hehe). But what's funny and stimulating is that my co-trainees just caught me with something that gives someone the idea of something naughty. For those who knew,